Wednesday, April 2, 2008

couldn't sleep

couldn't get to sleep last night so instead of rolling around in bed for 7 hours i decided to get up and write a little. here is a sample of the fruits of my midnight labor.


can’t sleep

slumber comes and goes without warning

it doesn’t stay

when i touch the concrete wall

the roughness hurts my fingers

i imagine falling out of bed and hitting the floor

wondering if anyone would notice that i am there

lying in a puddle of my red hot blood

i am a clone

i was created in a test tube

my exact copy lies in the bed next to mine

we were an experiment

unlike me he has found his forty winks

the hum is intoxicating

the gentle sound of two fans running to keep themselves cool

the lights outside are dim

they barely pierce the darkness through the blinds

i can’t see a thing in the gloom



2 comments:

Zachary German said...

wassup!

xCoatsx said...

I can't figure out how to add you as a friend...